To comprehend the difference between Agile and Scrum, first, we must have a better understanding of-
What is Agile?
Agile is an approach/methodology that assists us in the constant iteration of processes of the Software Development Life Cycle such as development, testing, etc. This methodology has established several benefits such as delivering high-value features in short delivery cycles, which were otherwise a challenge in the conventional waterfall approach.
Agile aids to enhance customer retention and satisfaction. This is achieved by breaking down the product into relatively smaller units/builds, resulting in making the activities concurrent. Agile advances teamwork and in-person communication.
The 12 principles of Agile
Several approaches to implementing Agile-
- Feature Driven Development (FDD)
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Lean Software Development (LSD)
- Adaptive System Development (ASD)
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Crystal Clear
What is Scrum?
Scrum is a process, to be precise, an agile process. It gives us the necessary time and opportunity to pivot on delivering business value in a lesser period. It continually and swiftly tests the working software. It also accentuates teamwork, accountability, and advances towards a well-marked goal.
Roles in Scrum
- Product Owner- The product owner is the guardian of requirements. He/she also coordinates between the customers, business and the team. Meanwhile, the product owner is the one who is responsible for maintaining the product backlog.
- Scrum Master- The one who is responsible for making sure that the process runs hassle-free and smooth. ScrumMaster eliminates any hurdles that directly/indirectly affect the productivity of the company.
- Scrum Team- The scrum team constitutes a bunch of people who are cross-functional and self-organizing, focused on developing and testing the product. An ideal team size would range from five to nine people.
Steps in the Scrum Flow:
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Planning-
- Backlog Refinement
- Daily Scrum
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
Agile vs Scrum
Benefits of Agile Scrum Certification Training:
- Agile Scrum Certification Training helps you to achieve substantial growth in your career.
- The Agile methodology benefits you by helping to bring a change in the mindset and perspective of people working in the industry as project managers
- This helps professionals in discovering new practices for dynamic management of the project.
- It helps in learning a technique for planning and also to estimate the cost of a project in an Agile way.
- Agile certification helps you to have expertise in Project Management and in various job roles associated with Senior Management.
The Agile methodology is one of the most successful and productive means to drive your organization ahead, implement and deliver values. Several giant software companies across the globe have embraced this framework to attain digital transformation. You can become Agile or learn more about Agility by enrolling in our classes conducted by- (Trainer) or simply visit (website).
Originally published at https://www.agilemania.com on December 24, 2019.